Articles Comments

» GUEST RUNDOWNS » CELINE DION CANCELS ALL SHOWS UNTIL JUNE!

CELINE DION CANCELS ALL SHOWS UNTIL JUNE!


By Ann Oldenburg 

Celine Dion will be sidelined for awhile.

Initially, the singer, who is battling a virus, was supposed to return on Saturday. But now, according to her website, all of her performances through March 18 at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas have been canceled.

More:  Ailing Celine cancels shows

Celine flew to Los Angeles on Monday for an examination by one of the leading authorities on laryngeal physiology, Gerald Berke, at UCLA Medical Center.

He has diagnosed Celine with weakness in her right vocal cord, secondary to a viral illness. Berke has prescribed six to eight weeks of voice rest in order for Celine to completely recover.

“I tried to sing at my sound-check last week, and I had no control of my voice whatsoever,” said Celine. “We thought that after a few days rest I would improve but it wasn’t getting any better. … I guess it was worse than I thought. I’m fortunate that I was able to see Prof. Berke,” the singer says on her site.

“He identified what was causing the problems I was having, and he assured me that with the amount of rest he prescribed, I would be back to 100%. Obviously this is the worst thing for a singer … not being able to do your shows. I feel worse knowing that I’m disappointing my fans. I’m so sorry. … I hope they forgive me.”

Celine’s next run of performances are schedule for June 9-Aug. 19.

 

Written by

Filed under: GUEST RUNDOWNS

%d bloggers like this: