Articles Comments

» BREAKING NEWS, GUEST RUNDOWNS » BUSINESS MAN/PROMOTER COREY TODD GOES ON TRIAL AUGUST 22!

BUSINESS MAN/PROMOTER COREY TODD GOES ON TRIAL AUGUST 22!

 Corey Todd—

Nightclub owner Corey Todd is to appear in the Kingston and St Andrew Parish Court on August 22 for his alleged attack on dancehall deejay Devin Di Dakta earlier this year.

The businessman is facing charges of malicious destruction of property and assault occasioning bodily harm. He, however, pleaded not guilty when he appeared in court last week.

The court heard that about 2:30 am on January 22, Devin Di Dakta (given name Anthony Clarke) and some friends went to Todd’s Taboo nightclub on Constant Spring Road in Kingston.

While there, the dancehall deejay was reportedly approached by a group of men who told him that the boss wanted to see him.

  It is reported that Devin Di Dakta declined and was shoved out of the club into the parking lot where he saw Todd.
Devin Di Dakta

Devin Di Dakta

Todd reportedly slapped the entertainer in the face, accused him of “dissing” him in a song and demanded an apology.

It is further alleged that the entertainer refused to meet Todd’s demands and was assaulted by the nightclub owner.

Todd’s lawyer Kemar Robinson told Senior Parish Judge Judith Pusey that he was surprised by the allegations.

“We strongly denied these allegations. These allegations are new to us,” he said.

Corey Todd

Corey Todd

The judge subsequently ruled that Todd be fingerprinted and extended his bail for him to return for his trial.

In the meantime, Devin Di Dakta is scheduled to appear in court on June 28 to answer to a charge of indecent assault. The charge stems from an alleged incident at the same nightclub, where he is alleged to have touched a stripper inappropriately.

Written by

Filed under: BREAKING NEWS, GUEST RUNDOWNS · Tags: ,

%d bloggers like this: