Articles Comments

» BREAKING NEWS, Featured » UPDATE: THE TRELAWNY WOMAN LINKED TO THE MIAMI GUN BUST, IS RELEASED BY THE POLICE!

UPDATE: THE TRELAWNY WOMAN LINKED TO THE MIAMI GUN BUST, IS RELEASED BY THE POLICE!

AFTER spending two nights in police custody, the woman detained in connection with last month’s gun bust in Miami, United States, was released yesterday.

The woman was taken into custody on Tuesday on reasonable suspicion of conspiracy to import guns and ammunition after she had surrendered to detectives at the Counter-Terrorism and Organized Crime (C-TOC) Branch.

The woman’s attorney, Oswest Senior-Smith, told the Jamaica Observer on Wednesday that he would renew his habeas corpus application yesterday after his client’s home in Falmouth, Trelawny, had been searched. Her relatives’ homes in Montego Bay, St James, were also searched.

However, when the matter was mentioned in the Kingston and St Andrew Parish Court yesterday, the attorney told the court that he was informed that his client would be released on a bond as the police continue their investigations.

During his unsuccessful habeas corpus application on Tuesday, Senior-Smith suggested that his client could be released on a bond if she had not been charged.

This means that someone would have to stand surety for the woman to be released, which was done.

The woman was being held in connection to the seizure of 119 illegal guns and 267 rounds of ammunition at the Miami International Airport in Florida on November 13. The illegal shipment was destined for an address in Montego Bay, St James.

Written by

Filed under: BREAKING NEWS, Featured

%d bloggers like this: